[IPython-User] Indenting problems qtconsole (maybe TABs vs. SPACEs)

Reckoner reckoner@gmail....
Sat Aug 20 09:03:31 CDT 2011

Hi,

Note that I'm using the qtconsole on Windows XP.

I have noticed that when I am editing a block in the qtconsole,
especially when moving the cursor around, that there are frequent
"block indentation" errors, even though everything looks perfectly
lined up in the window. I'm guessing that there might be a conflict in
spaces vs. tabs or maybe in the way lines are ended with nonprinting
characters, but this makes it tricky to re-edit longer blocks with
frequent indenting from the history.

Is there a setting, perhaps like in VIM, where all tabs can be
expanded  to spaces, or something that would at least give more
information as to what is causing the indentation problem (i.e.
printing the nonprinting characters).

Thanks!