[IPython-User] [SciPy-User] IPython inline plots of stacked bars graphs

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Aug 21 16:24:40 CDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> We should mention that the Qt console makes this fairly easy. If you want to
> change the plot, just press <up> until you get the cell back where you drew
> it, then add or edit lines, then run the cell to redraw the plot.
> Shift-enter forces execution, Ctrl-enter forces a new line (enter by itself
> tries to guess what you want).

Yup, good point. That's what led me to settling on the current design
as the default behavior: easy and familiar behavior for single-line
plots (without requiring a separate show() call every time), while
it's still pretty easy to do multi-line fine-tuning with ctrl-enter.

Having said that, I'm still open to the idea of making this
configurable if people need it.