[IPython-User] Api to start --pylab mode (PyDev integration)

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz@gmail....
Tue Aug 23 09:37:38 CDT 2011

Hi All,

Is there an API to enable the '--pylab' mode?

My use case is that I want to offer such an option when starting
IPython in PyDev (Eclipse).

If someone is curious, the current integration may be seen at.

The gui is all handled in the PyDev side -- i.e.: history, user input,
etc. -- so, it's probably not very reusable, but the backend uses
IPython as an interactive interpreter, with the communication all done
through xml-rpc, so, it should be straightforward to reuse that code
elsewhere (license is EPL).

https://github.com/aptana/Pydev/blob/master/plugins/org.python.pydev/PySrc/pydev_ipython_console.py
https://github.com/aptana/Pydev/blob/master/plugins/org.python.pydev/PySrc/pydev_ipython_console_010.py
https://github.com/aptana/Pydev/blob/master/plugins/org.python.pydev/PySrc/pydev_ipython_console_011.py