[IPython-User] Getting setup on a remote cluster w/ Sun Grid Engine.

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Wed Aug 24 15:18:50 CDT 2011

Hi All,

We have managed to parallelize one of our spatial interpolation scripts very easily with the new ipython parallel. Thanks for developing such a great tool, it was fairly easy to get working. Now we are trying to set things up to run on our internal cluster and I'm having difficulties understanding how to configure things.

What I would like to do is have ipython running on a local machine (windows & linux) connect to the cluster, request some nodes through SGE and run the computation. I'm not quite getting what goes where from the documentation.

I think I understood the PBS example but I'm still not understanding where I would put the connection information to log into the cluster. I would really appreciate a step by step of what files need to be where and any example config files for an SGE setup.

thanks,

- dharhas