[IPython-User] ipython-qtconsole missing

Klonuo Umom klonuo@gmail....
Tue Aug 30 05:17:10 CDT 2011

OK, that command works, but also simply "/home/usr/bin/ipython
qtconsole" works with Julian package which I run.

However I tried to integrate isympy
(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/bin/isympy) in IPython
Unity launcher's quicklist. Again without success :D

Trying your snippet did not change anything unfortunately
(ipython.desktop excerpt):

X-Ayatana-Desktop-Shortcuts=pylab;isympy;qtconsole;qtconsole-pylab;pylab-inline

[pylab Shortcut Group]
Name=Pylab
Exec=~/IPython --pylab
TargetEnvironment=Unity

[isympy Shortcut Group]
Name=ISymPy
Exec=bash -c "/usr/local/bin/isympy; read"
#Exec=isympy
#Exec=~/IPython isympy
TargetEnvironment=Unity

[qtconsole Shortcut Group]
Name=Qt Console
Exec=~/IPython qtconsole
TargetEnvironment=Unity

[qtconsole-pylab Shortcut Group]
Name=Qt Pylab
Exec=~/IPython qtconsole --pylab
TargetEnvironment=Unity

[pylab-inline Shortcut Group]
Name=Qt Pylab inline
Exec=~/IPython qtconsole --pylab --inline
TargetEnvironment=Unity

~/IPython contents:
#!/bin/bash

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/opt/intel/lib/ia32:/opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

if [ "$1" = "isympy" ]; then
    exec /usr/local/bin/isympy
else
    exec /usr/local/bin/ipython $@