[IPython-User] .pythonrc

Ken Mankoff mankoff@gmail....
Tue Aug 30 07:11:09 CDT 2011

Hi Aroldo,

Thanks for the hint. I get this error:

NameError: name '_get_ipy_startup' is not defined

If I comment out that line, and the later reference to the ipython
startup file, it now does load my ~/.pythonrc.

Also, if I'm loading the iPython config file explicitely from the
iPython config file (where I am now loading the .pythonrc file too)

So, if I use your code snippet without the "ipy_startup_file", am I
now not loading things I should be loading in iPython?

Thanks,

   -k.