[IPython-User] data and code IO with notebook

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Aug 30 18:23:11 CDT 2011

Tim,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Tim Michelsen
<timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> just downloaded the development version with notebook being one further
> option for the user.
>
> My questions here:
>
> How is IO procedures organised with the notebook?
>
> Something like:
> data = np.loadtxt(/path/to/file.py)
>
> %run mycode.py
> %load mycode.py
>
> Is there on option to have a storage area for code snippets (e.g. module
> imports, functions) incorporated into the left panel of notebook?

I am not quite clear on what you are asking for and how it related to
np.loadtxt.  The %run magic does work in the notebook and there is
also the %loadpy magic which will import a .py file or URL into the
notebook as a cell.  What are you wanting to have in the left panel
exactly?  Can you describe the usage case more fully?

Cheers,

Brian

> Thanks in advance for your explanations.
>
> Timmie

Brian E. Granger