[IPython-User] ipython and macosx 10.6

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jan 12 11:43:38 CST 2011

On 1/12/11 10:36 AM, Peter Vince wrote:
> having installed ipython via macports I find that import of numpy gives me an
> architecture problem. Python (2.6.6) runs in 64 bit mode with apparently no way
> to force it into 32 bit mode (unlike using apple's python version (2.6.1) where
> I can use
> "arch -i386" to fire it off).
> Is there a way to force ipython to use Apple's python or to force 32 bit mode?

If you use Apple's python executable to run IPython's setup.py script to build
and install IPython from source, then the ipython script that gets installed
will use Apple's Python.

Alternately, you can build and install numpy from source using the same python
executable from MacPorts, then it will have the same architecture as that python
executable.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."