[IPython-User] ipython-qtconsole --pylab inline behavior

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Wed Jan 19 10:04:09 CST 2011

Jeff,

I have this fixed in this pull request that is waiting review:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/243

Should be in soon.

Cheers,

Brian

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Jeff Whitaker <jswhit@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi:  I was testing this out today and noticed that matplotlib figures behave
> differently inline.  It seems that every time a plotting command is issued,
> a new figure is generated, instead of modifying the existing figure.  The
> attached html file illustrates what I mean.  Is this the expected behavior?
>  If so, why is it different than using an external gui backend?
>
> -Jeff

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics
bgranger@calpoly.edu