[IPython-User] Shadow history

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Jan 26 15:55:34 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Jorge Scandaliaris
<jorgesmbox-ml@yahoo.es> wrote:

> behind (the db directory).  I still have a backup of the old directories, so I
> wonder if it would be possible to consolidate those split shadow histories into
> one. If that's too much to ask, maybe I could convert them to plain text,
> although then it wouldn't be as useful as having it integrated into ipython.

Try running "%clear shist_compress" while running with the old shadow
history. This consolidates all entries to one entry, in file
.ipython/db/shadowhist. Then copy over the file to the new ipython
shadow history instance.

--
Ville M. Vainio @@ Forum Nokia