[IPython-User] Shadow history

Jorge Scandaliaris jorgesmbox-ml@yahoo...
Fri Jan 28 17:30:08 CST 2011

Brian Granger <ellisonbg <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > There seems to be a simple typo in history.py (diff at bottom of the post),
>> but also the magic command %clear doesn't exist anymore? Was it renamed to
>> something else?
>
> In what version of IPython?  It is still there in trunk?
>
> Brian

I am not sure I understand your question. All I was talking about was using
IPython sources from github (git://github.com/ipython/ipython.git), particularly
at commit 21940ff96ec60b3a01bd4ee08c97d0b74a95204e.
%clear is not available in trunk, the file with its implementation lives now in
the IPython/quarantine folder in the source tree. Does it mean there's a problem
with it, or that it's going to be removed?
I was looking for a way to consolidate some old history to have it available
within ipython, but I guess I'll just rely on my backup of the shadowhist
folders and grep.
The docs (nightly), though, still mention %clear.

Jorge