[IPython-User] Opening IPython with Scipy

Hector hector1618@gmail....
Fri Mar 4 08:30:09 CST 2011

Hello everyone,
This is my first mail on this group so please don't mind if you people had
discussed this issue recently.

I want to use ipython with Scipy profile.

*hector@hector:~$ ipython - scipy*
** Could not open file <scipy> for safe execution. **
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 15 2010, 15:52:39)

IPython 0.10 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

In [1]:

It works pretty nicely with pylab.

Am I missing something? Or do I need to do something in my system to make it
work ?

--
-Regards
Hector

Whenever you think you can or you can't, in either way you are right.