[IPython-User] Setting the window title

Hajas, Wayne Wayne.Hajas@dfo-mpo.gc...
Fri Mar 4 16:25:28 CST 2011

I hope this is the correct forum for my question.

I am running Ipython 0.9.1, Python 2.5.2, Windows XP.

Through Ipython, I am running python jobs that take anywhere from
several minutes to several days to complete.  I have a quad-processer
machine, so I often have several of these jobs running at once.  The
problem is that once the jobs are started, there is nothing to indicate
which job corresponds to which python window.  I have to start looking
around at the output files inorder to figure out which jobs are still
running.

Each of my python windows does have "c:\Python25\python.exe" at the top.
If, from within Ipython I could change the title to the current working
directory, my problem would be solved.

My suspicion is that there is a really simple way to change the window
title - I just can't find it.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne Hajas