[IPython-User] distributed arrays

samuel sinayoko samuel.sinayoko@gmail....
Tue Mar 8 10:27:23 CST 2011

Hi all,

I've managed to install ipythondistarrays with fftw-3.3.alpha1. My problem
is that I get an error when trying to run a simple test:
----
>>> import distarray as da
 ---> 16 from distarray.fft import py_fftw
ImportError: libfftw3_mpi.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
----

This happens when the module tries to import py_fftw.so. I've checked that I
have libfftw3_mpi.so.3 in /usr/include/lib. Am I missing something? I've
tried loading the library directly with
ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary('fftw3_mpi.so.3') but that didn't work either.

Cheers,

Sam