[IPython-User] BlockingKernelManager

matt.clarke@stfc.... matt.clarke@stfc....
Thu Mar 10 06:36:58 CST 2011

Hi.

I am playing with the BlockingKernelManager on Windows and it appears that the KernelManager does not stay alive for very long.

For example, if I run the following code:

import sys
import time
from IPython.zmq.blockingkernelmanager import BlockingKernelManager
from IPython.utils import io

def setup():
    global KM
    KM = BlockingKernelManager()
    KM.start_kernel()
    KM.start_channels()
    print KM.is_alive
    # Give the kernel a chance to come up.
    time.sleep(1)

def teardown():
    print KM.is_alive
    io.rprint('Entering teardown...') # dbg
    io.rprint('Stopping channels and kernel...') # dbg
    KM.stop_channels()
    KM.kill_kernel()

# Actual tests
def test_execute():
   print KM.is_alive
    KM.xreq_channel.execute(code='x=1')
    KM.xreq_channel.execute(code='print 1')

setup()
test_execute()
time.sleep(1)
teardown()

The KM is alive in setup, but not in test_execute and teardown. Works fine on Linux.

Any ideas?

Matt

--
Scanned by iCritical.