[IPython-User] history

Benoit Zuber bzuber@mrc-lmb.cam.ac...
Fri Mar 11 06:06:11 CST 2011

Hi,

How can I get history from previous sessions to be treated the same as
history from the current session. For example I'd like to start typing a
few characters and then arrow up to get the line I typed in my previous
session. I know you can get it if you do %hist -g foo but it is less
convenient and it will only bring one line but not a block of several
lines (if I used a for loop for example).
When I was using version 0.9.1 that worked fine but since I upgraded to
0.10.1 I can't do that anymore.

Thanks
Ben