[IPython-User] history, erratum

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Mar 11 13:18:34 CST 2011

On 3/11/11 6:12 AM, Benoit Zuber wrote:
> Regarding my previous post:
> Actually the arrow up works but only brings one line and not a whole
> block from history of previous sessions, whereas whole blocks can be
> brought from history of current session. Is there a way to bring blocks
> from previous session history?

Not in the 0.10 series. That branch's history only records by line, not by
block, so that information is simply lost. In 0.11, we do record history by
block, but we currently add it back to readline by line. I'm not sure why we do
this; it may be unintentional. I would agree that I would prefer it to be by
block. Perhaps that could be configurable.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco