[IPython-User] How to configure/control line width?

Jorge Scandaliaris jorgesmbox-ml@yahoo...
Fri Mar 11 16:12:45 CST 2011

Robert Kern <robert.kern <at> gmail.com> writes:

<snip>

> See np.set_printoptions(). In the 0.11 branch of development, we have a
> configurable printing system such that you could replace the printer for
> nnumpy.ndarray instances. However, you will have to ask the terminal for how
> wide it is, and this information is platform-specific, though not very
> difficult to obtain. You can see how I do this in my personal IPython
> extensions:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/robertkern/kernmagic/src/tip/kernmagic/utils.py

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I am using the 0.11 branch, is the
configurable printing system documented? I'll have a closer look at your
extensions, maybe I can use it as inspiration for my own needs.

jorges