[IPython-User] How to start IP[y] in current folder

Darren Dale dsdale24@gmail....
Sat Mar 12 07:45:53 CST 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Klonuo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to integrate IP[y] in my file manager on Windows 7, but
>> can't find such option to start it in custom folder.
>
> I tried with:
>
> -----------------
> python scripts\ipython -c "cd %some_path%"
> -----------------
>
> but ipython starts then exits.
>
> Is there other way to pass command to ipython on startup on Windows
>
> If it's not possible to start ipython in arbitrary folder please confirm

Installing from the development branch will yield an Ipython in the
start menu that will launch in your home directory. This was
accomplished by identifying ""%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"" as the working
directory. You can do the same by right clicking on the Ipython entry,
selecting properties, and specifying ""%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"" or any
other directory.

Darren