[IPython-User] How to start IP[y] in current folder

Klonuo klonuo@gmail....
Sat Mar 12 07:59:12 CST 2011

> Installing from the development branch will yield an Ipython in the
> start menu that will launch in your home directory. This was
> accomplished by identifying ""%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"" as the working
> directory. You can do the same by right clicking on the Ipython entry,
> selecting properties, and specifying ""%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"" or any
> other directory.

Sorry, but I don't understand your saying

If you are suggesting how to set HOME path for IPython (IPYTHONDIR) -
that's not what I'm after

I want to start IPython in arbitrary (current) folder, and not in fixed
place every time. For example, if I'm in "C:\Programs\Scripts" and evoke
IPython shell, I want it to be in that folder without entering
"cd C:\Programs\Scripts" (or any other folder in which currently I am)
every time