[IPython-User] How to start IP[y] in current folder

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Mar 12 15:59:16 CST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Klonuo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't understand your saying
>
> If you are suggesting how to set HOME path for IPython (IPYTHONDIR) -
> that's not what I'm after
>
> I want to start IPython in arbitrary (current) folder, and not in fixed
> place every time. For example, if I'm in "C:\Programs\Scripts" and evoke
> IPython shell, I want it to be in that folder without entering
> "cd C:\Programs\Scripts" (or any other folder in which currently I am)
> every time

We don't have any "start here" option, but you could write a little
wrapper script that invokes the ipython startup sequence from a given
directory.  The part I don't know about is how to get Windows to tell
you what directory the script is being invoked from, but perhaps
that's documented or you know it already.

Best