[IPython-User] 0.10.2.rc1 ready for testing.

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Mar 13 01:06:49 CST 2011

Hi everyone,

while we want to get 0.11 out asap, all non-github users out there,
including all distros (linux, epd, pythonxy, etc) are still using the
0.10.x series, and we'd like to ensure it's in as good shape as
possible with our *very* limited manpower.

I've put up at

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

the files for a release candidate for 0.10.2.  I've gone through our
bug tracker and applied everything that had a patch/pull
request/solution that listed explicitly 0.10, so that should catch
most things.  I think I closed around 15 new bugs quickly, though I
also managed to find this nasty bit in master/0.11 while testing:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/290.  If anyone wants to
tackle that, by all means...  Thanks to everyone who had included
solutions or patches in the bug reports, I used many of those and
tried to ensure proper credit in the commit messages.

I'll be happy to apply any further small, self-contained, tested fixes
if you have them, but we can't really embark on any major work for
0.10.2.

The nasty gtk blocking problem we had is, to the best of my knowledge,
fully fixed here (thanks to P. Ivanov, M. Voorhies and others who
helped!).

I'll leave this up for a week or so, would appreciate reports of any
problems you may find.  Hopefully there won't be many, as I tried to
apply only clear fixes over 0.10.1, and no new features, but you never
know.

If all goes well, and time permitting, we can use this to cut 0.10.2
next week.  This will allow the core team to focus now on merging all
the remaining work and pull requests to really push 0.11 out, where
all the major development of the last 18 months has gone.