[IPython-User] Updating twisted broke ipcluster

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva awilter@ebi.ac...
Tue Mar 15 08:34:04 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Well, it finally worked when did this change
in python2.7/site-packages/IPython/kernel/fcutil.py:

from foolscap import Tub, UnauthenticatedTub

became:

from foolscap.pb import Tub, UnauthenticatedTub

I am using ipython 0.10 for MacOSX via Fink.

Alan

On 15 March 2011 08:40, John Reid <j.reid@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 14/03/11 16:34, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:
> > Good it's working for you.
> >
> > For me, I have foolscap, but:
> >
> > In [10]: from IPython.kernel.scripts import ipcluster

> > ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call
> last)
> >
> > /Users/alan/<ipython console> in <module>()
> >
> > /sw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/kernel/scripts/ipcluster.py in
> > <module>()
> >       36     num_cpus
> >       37 )
> > ---> 38 from IPython.kernel.fcutil import have_crypto
> >       39
> >       40 # Create various ipython directories if they don't exist.
> >

> > /sw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/kernel/fcutil.py in <module>()
> >       18 import os
> >       19
> > ---> 20 from foolscap import Tub, UnauthenticatedTub
> >       21
> >       22 def check_furl_file_security(furl_file, secure):
> >
> > ImportError: cannot import name Tub
> >

> > I am using python 2.7 from Fink in a Mac OSX 10.6.6
>
> I don't know what to suggest except for checking the version of foolscap.
>
> John.

Alan Wilter SOUSA da SILVA, D.Sc.
Bioinformatician, UniProt - PANDA, EBI-EMBL
CB10 1SD, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
+44 1223 49 4588