[IPython-User] show() blocks in ipython 0.10.1

Éric Depagne eric@depagne....
Tue Mar 15 15:46:17 CDT 2011

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 20:13:47, Fernando Perez a écrit :
> Hi Eric,

Hi Fernando.

I've tried with the  -pylab switch and I got the following message:
eric@localhost -] ./ipython.py -pylab
Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Oct 29 2010, 14:48:18)

IPython 0.10.2.rc1 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

  Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment.
  For more information, type 'help(pylab)'.

In [1]: import numpy as np

In [2]: from enthought.chaco.shell import *

In [3]: x = np.arange(10)
Warning: Timeout for mainloop thread exceeded
switching to nonthreaded mode (until mainloop wakes up again)

Éric.
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Éric Depagne <eric@depagne.org> wrote:
> >> Éric.
> >
> > A strange addition.
> > If I start ipython -pylab, I get the same behaviour.
> >
> > But if I combine both (ipython -wthread -pylab) then it works.
>
> could you test the 0.10.2 release candidate here:
>
> http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/
>
> and let us know if it fixes the problem?  I really want to have all of
> this sorted out before putting 0.10.2 out, since I doubt we'll every
> have the time to create a 0.10.3.
>
> Cheers,

Un clavier azerty en vaut deux