[IPython-User] Ipython Startup Directory (UNCLASSIFIED)

Nyland, Christopher F CTR US USA ATEC christopher.f.nyland@us.army....
Wed Mar 30 07:51:54 CDT 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Hello,

	I am trying to specify the directory in which Ipython starts in.
Currently it starts in 'C:\\Windows\\system32' which is a little
annoying. I have search high and low but I can't seem to find an example
of how to change this. I tried doing this in the ipy_user_conf.py

ip.ex("os.chdir('C:\\Users\\christopher.f.nyland\\My_Work')")

but it seems to have no effect. Please let me know if there is a way to
do what I want.

Chris