[IPython-User] distributed arrays

Sam Sinayoko s.sinayoko@soton.ac...
Thu Mar 3 01:55:04 CST 2011

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for IPython, which I think is a fantastic software.
I used to work with Matlab but I have switched to Python a couple of
years ago and never looked back.

I'm working in fluid dynamics and acoustics and have to compute Fourier
transforms of very big arrays (~ 4GB). I've stumbled upon this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa3SHmiXxbw which demos distributed
arrays in Python. I was really impressed. This is exactly what I would
need.

However I haven't been able to find more information on this. Is the
project still active? Could I help with it in any way?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Sam