[IPython-User] qtconsole: redirecting stdout/stderr to the console?

Tim darkxst@fastmail...
Tue Nov 1 22:00:15 CDT 2011

I have a question re ipython 0.11 qtconsole, I was hoping someone might be able to answer?

I am using a c++ library via python bindings, which outputs a bunch of stuff to stdout which I would like to see within ipython. However the
stdout from the c code never makes it back into qtconsole, and dispays in the terminal I ran ipython from instead.

Is there anyway to redirect this output via zmq so I can see it ipython?

Thanks
   Tim