[IPython-User] qtconsole: redirecting stdout/stderr to the console?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Nov 1 22:46:54 CDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 20:42, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Tim <darkxst@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >
> > Is there anyway to redirect this output via zmq so I can see it ipython?
> >

> Unfortunately I don't know off-hand.  If you search the archives, long
> ago we had threads (I think Robert Kern and Hans Meine posted some
> tips) on how to redirect subprocess output by playing tricks with
> duplication of file descriptors.
>
> If you do figure it out, by all means let us know, as it would be very
> useful to have an easy and generic solution for this.

What we forward now is sys.stdout/stderr, so
anything that is attached directly to fds (e.g. printf from C/C++) will not
come over the wire.

I'm not sufficiently familiar with the C-level details of such things to
know how to start.

-MinRK