[IPython-User] Changing the banner dynamically, from within a Plugin subclass

Federico Maggi federico@maggi...
Thu Nov 17 04:58:29 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:51, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 November 2011 10:37, Federico Maggi <federico@maggi.cc> wrote:
>>
>> Problem: when a plugin loads it seems that it's already too late for
>> changing the banner.
>>
>> Any solution?
>
> Could you ship your own IPython profile? Drop a customised ipython_config.py
> into .ipython/profile_mytoolset, and start it as "ipython
> --profile=mytoolset" (or provide an alias for this).

    well, it's an option that I've thought about. But, if possible, I
would prefer to ship an extension so that they can continue using
their own profile and simply add the extension.

-F