[IPython-User] how to setup python notebook to run on a local network

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha@gmail....
Mon Nov 21 14:28:09 CST 2011

Hi All,

finally i got my computer exposed to internet :)
it has Ipython notebook up and running .. but i'd like to secure it.

Please, have you any instructions on how to setup python notebook with ssl ?

for now i learned how to  generate an ssl certificate using something like :

openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -nodes -out python-rsa.pem -keyout python-rs-key.pem

is it ok ?
what's the next step :) ?

thanks a lot for any hints,

Massimo.