[IPython-User] Ctrl-C to kill queries in iPython

Dave Himrod dhrod5@gmail....
Mon Nov 28 11:56:23 CST 2011

Yeah I saw that one, not sure if that helps yet because i am still confused about the problem.

I made a little test and have realized the situation is a little stranger. If i write a simple python script and run/ctrl-c from the terminal on my mac It will stop the script and kill the mysql query fine.  It goes away in show processlist too.  However, if i do this on our cloud centos boxes it does not kill it.  Could this be something about the differences in the shell and how it sends the keyboard interrupt?

from usr.dave import *
local = dbmgr.connection('my.local')
local.select('select sleep(500)')

Thanks,