[IPython-User] Installing IPython under Python 3 on Windows

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Thu Oct 6 14:57:07 CDT 2011

Paul Moore skrev 2011-10-06 21:15:

> I tried the QT console. Looks like I need pyreadline (installed from a
> windows installer) and pygments (easy_installed, as there is no Python
> 3 installer and I'm bored of building my own)

At this time python3 is not supported in a released version.

However I just merged a branch provided by Shimizukawa that adds this
support. You can get it by using bzr branch lp:pyreadline and then do
python setup.py install yourself.

I have not tested it extensivley on python3 yet. I have not tested it at
all with 64-bit python3.

/Jörgen