[IPython-User] Installing IPython under Python 3 on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Oct 6 15:04:33 CDT 2011

Hi Paul,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I appreciate that Python 3 support is new, and I guess that Windows
> support will be secondary to Unix. But should I be expecting better
> than this, or is this about the state of things on Python 3/Windows at
> the moment?

Well, the state is sub-optimal only due to a lack of manpower, not
because we'd like things to be bad under windows.  So with your input
and feedback we'll definitely be able to make progress, and hopefully
by the next release things will be in comparable shape for Windows
users with python3 too.

So many thanks for being a bit patient!  If you find any
windows-specific issues that linger and that we can't sort out via
discussion here, please don't hesitate to file them in our bug tracker
(https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/) so they don't get
forgotten (we'll label them as windows-specific).