[IPython-User] Installing IPython under Python 3 on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Oct 6 16:52:35 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, the state is sub-optimal only due to a lack of manpower, not
>> because we'd like things to be bad under windows.  So with your input
>> and feedback we'll definitely be able to make progress, and hopefully
>> by the next release things will be in comparable shape for Windows
>> users with python3 too.
>
> I never thought otherwise! I'll certainly do what I can to help (at
> least in terms of reporting issues, I can't promise I'll be able to
> offer code). Thanks for your response.

On re-reading my post it sounds like I was blaming you for a
complaint, that was most definitely not my intention!  In the past
I've sometimes made snarky comments against windows and I was just
trying to convey that we'd *love* to have better windows support, we
just lack the manpower and know-how of Windows-specifics to do the job
we'd like to do.

Even if you can't contribute code initially, the help of a dedicated
user willing to test things out and give feedback is enormously
valuable, so we greatly appreciate it.