[IPython-User] Installing IPython under Python 3 on Windows

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Oct 6 17:32:38 CDT 2011

On 6 October 2011 22:50, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Yes, you should be able to.  At least on 2.x, the stanza
>
> ./setup.py bdist_wininst

Mhm, I tried that, but I get a "LookupError: unknown encoding: mbcs" in
distutils. I don't know if I should attempt to file a Python bug for this.
For that matter, building for Python 2 doesn't seem to work either, although
without a clear error message, just a warning about "Can't read
registry...".

I've got Python installed in Wine, so I'll try with that for 0.12.

Thomas