[IPython-User] Parallel Setup: Can connect engines over network, but not run Hello World

Markus Baden markus.baden@gmail....
Thu Oct 6 21:17:46 CDT 2011

Hi Min,

> If you specified 'ip=*', that means you instructed the controller to listen
> on all interfaces. If the machines are visible to each other, then there is
> no need to use SSH tunnels.  The ip=* is not always reliable with zeromq, so
> sometimes using 0.0.0.0 instead (which means the same thing) works better.

Thanks for the quick heads up. I changed my ipcontroller._config.py so that

c.HubFactory.ip = '0.0.0.0'

and now I can run c[:].apply_sync by the steps described in the previous
mail.

Thanks a gain for the quick help.

Markus