[IPython-User] Keybindings on Ubuntu

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Oct 7 05:45:18 CDT 2011

On 7 October 2011 11:20, thron7 <thron7@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I'm struggling with keybindings. I'm running a 0.11 ipython-qtconsole on
> an Ubuntu 10.4 with Python 2.6.5. I'm trying to use Ctrl-r to do a
> search on past inputs, but nothing happens. The key seems to be ignored.
> (Works ok in the terminal version). Am I overlooking something?

That's a feature of readline, which is a terminal library. We emulate some
readline features in the qt console, but not that one (yet).

As a compromise, if you type the first few letters of the command you're
looking for, then hit the up arrow, it should skip to the previous command
starting with those letters. This works in both the terminal and the Qt
console.

Hope that helps,
Thomas