[IPython-User] Installing IPython under Python 3 on Windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore@gmail....
Fri Oct 7 09:56:59 CDT 2011

On 6 October 2011 22:03, Paul Moore <p.f.moore@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 October 2011 21:07, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6 October 2011 20:15, Paul Moore <p.f.moore@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried the QT console. Looks like I need pyreadline (installed from a
>>> windows installer)
>>
>> In trunk, the Qt console should be able to run without readline - but we
>> couldn't untangle it in time for 0.11.
>>
>> I don't think I can build a Windows installer for IPython from Linux, but
>> hopefully someone can build one when we release 0.12.
>
> I'll have a look at trunk over the next day or so. Jorgen also
> mentioned there is now a version of pyreadline that works on Python 3,
> so that may help too.

Looking a lot better now that I've found all the right pieces :-)

Using Jorgen's development version of pyreadline, and trunk IPython,
everything builds correctly and the Qt console runs fine. However, the
command line console (ipython3.exe) fails with an error. I've created
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/842 to track this.

Paul.