[IPython-User] Keybindings on Ubuntu

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Oct 7 12:38:57 CDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:58 AM, thron7 <thron7@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Alright, then that's sorted. I wondered if it might be a setting or
> option I could tweak. - So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the
> feature will make it into master soon :).

Thomas already gave you the right pointers, but just to clarify
further: it's not as simple as linking to readline itself, we pretty
much have to reimplement much of the functionality of readline
ourselves, since readline is a library that's intimately bound to a
terminal console.  In the long run there would be great payoff to
doing this, as we'd have the relevant functionality available to use
in the notebook, qt console, windows and osx (all environments that
lack GNU readline).

So this is a great, self-contained project that would be a very
welcome contribution, just not a few line hack.  But if you have the
interest/motivation to dig in, we'll do our best to provide guidance.

Best,