[IPython-User] Disabling color in IPython

Aaron Meurer asmeurer@gmail....
Sat Oct 8 23:48:27 CDT 2011

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how to disable colors from the command line.
The IPython help (ipython --help) says:

--colors=<CaselessStrEnum> (InteractiveShell.colors)
    Default: 'LightBG'
    Choices: ('NoColor', 'LightBG', 'Linux')
    Set the color scheme (NoColor, Linux, or LightBG).

I've tried ipython --colors=NoColor, ipython --colors="NoColor",
ipython --colors='NoColors', ipython --colors NoColor, and none of
them work (if I type just 1<Enter>, say, Out[1] is red).  I do have
the colors set in my config file (c.TerminalInteractiveShell.colors =
'Linux').  I tried in the 0.11 release and the git master.

Am I doing this wrong, or is this a bug?

This worked fine in 0.10 using ipython -colors NoColor.

Aaron Meurer