[IPython-User] [IPython-user] IPython sometimes hangs on startup

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Oct 9 15:57:40 CDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Dr. Phillip M. Feldman
<Phillip.M.Feldman@gmail.com> wrote:
> IPython is occasionally hanging on startup.  I don't know whether this is a
> real hang, or if I would eventually see the prompt if I waited long enough,
> but the practical effect is the same.  Has anyone else experienced this?
> Does anyone know the cause?

Just repeating here what Thomas said: haven't seen this, but knowing
your OS, ipython version and other such details would be very useful.

In particular: any chance your $HOME is on an NFS mount or other
similar network-based filesystem?