[IPython-User] show history without line number

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Oct 10 11:19:53 CDT 2011

On 10 October 2011 17:11, Chao YUE <chaoyuejoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can show history lines without line number? BTW,
> where can I search the past mailing list archive?
> Thanks a lot & Best wishes,

The %hist command should show lines from the history. E.g.

%hist 2-10  # shows lines 2-10
%hist -l 20  # shows the last 20 lines
%hist ~1/6-11  # shows lines 6-11 from the last session.

You can search the mailing list archive via GMane:
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.ipython.user/

I'm working on (read: just remembered about) a google custom search engine
that will search the docs, wiki and mailing list. That will be accessible
from the ipython.org homepage when it's done.

Thanks,
Thomas