[IPython-User] show history without line number

Chao YUE chaoyuejoy@gmail....
Mon Oct 10 11:42:15 CDT 2011

thanks Thomas for answering and for your work on the search engine (I'm sure
it'll be of great help!!)
I know how to show history commands, but I just want to get rid of the line
number that appears on the beginning of the command line... I guess there
must be some way to do it...

Chao

2011/10/10 Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com>

> On 10 October 2011 17:11, Chao YUE <chaoyuejoy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how I can show history lines without line number? BTW,
>> where can I search the past mailing list archive?
>> Thanks a lot & Best wishes,
>>

> The %hist command should show lines from the history. E.g.
>
> %hist 2-10  # shows lines 2-10
> %hist -l 20  # shows the last 20 lines
> %hist ~1/6-11  # shows lines 6-11 from the last session.
>
> You can search the mailing list archive via GMane:
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.ipython.user/
>
> I'm working on (read: just remembered about) a google custom search engine
> that will search the docs, wiki and mailing list. That will be accessible
> from the ipython.org homepage when it's done.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16