[IPython-User] [IPython-user] IPython sometimes hangs on startup

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Oct 10 15:34:18 CDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Dr. Phillip M. Feldman
<Phillip.M.Feldman@gmail.com> wrote:
> My OS is Windows XP Professional 32-bit.  The IPython version is 0.11.
>
> I had thought about the possibility that IPython might be trying to access a
> network resource, but when I issue the command 'env' from the IPython
> prompt, the output includes the following:
>
> 'HOME': 'C:\\Phillip\\Computer\\Python'
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Mmh, hunting in the dark here.  Further info: did you install ipython
via EPD, Python XY, from our own windows binary installer or from
source?  And how are you starting it, from a GUI menu or from the
terminal?

As you've noticed already, our win32 expertise is towards the low end
for several of us.  But Jorgen might have some insights, or perhaps
another regular windows user has some ideas or has seen similar
problems before?