[IPython-User] [IPython-user] IPython sometimes hangs on startup

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Mon Oct 10 16:38:01 CDT 2011

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman skrev 2011-10-10 20:58:

> My apologies for the slow response.
>
> My OS is Windows XP Professional 32-bit.  The IPython version is 0.11.
>
> I had thought about the possibility that IPython might be trying to access a
> network resource, but when I issue the command 'env' from the IPython
> prompt, the output includes the following:
>
> 'HOME': 'C:\\Phillip\\Computer\\Python'
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

How are you launching ipython. Via batfile or ipython.exe file? I've had
some problems with those exe files and try to avoid them as much as
possible. But I can not recall anything like what you describe.

/Jörgen