[IPython-User] Question about the notebook: python references n markdown?

Toby Burnett tburnett@uw....
Sun Oct 16 14:57:23 CDT 2011

Hi,
Let me express enthusiastic appreciation for this wonderful tool! What a joy to use.

I got started with a little silly misunderstanding, losing some work,  that would be helped with another button.
Changing the name in the box at the top changes the file name, but Save overwrites the previous file. Perhaps there could be a warning, or an explicit "Save as" button as well?

My question is with regard to the markdown cells. Is it possible, or could it be, for it to include references to python variables? If so, it would satisfy a need to display nicely formatted output, tables for example. (I see that markdown passes HTML table tags to the browser.)

--Toby