[IPython-User] Example similar to "ipython -p physics" for ipython 0.11?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Oct 18 04:16:15 CDT 2011

On 17 October 2011 16:11, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for this, Georg. Just having a glance at the code, can I suggest
> you tweak it to use the IPython extension API? Basically, you just need to
> define functions and classes, then put the initialisation logic into a
> load_ipython_extension function:
>
> http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/config/extensions.html
>
> Then we can make an IPython profile which loads it automatically.
>
> If you're interested, I think we'd be happy to accept this functionality
> back into the IPython tree - we had this already in older versions, so I
> don't see any reason not to incorporate it again.

Thanks for accepting my pull request on this, Georg. If you don't object,
I'm going to pull the file into the IPython source tree, and update it to
use the new feature to remove variables when it's unloaded.

Best wishes,
Thomas