[IPython-User] Example similar to "ipython -p physics" for ipython 0.11?

Georg Brandl g.brandl@gmx....
Tue Oct 18 00:24:01 CDT 2011

Am 17.10.2011 21:20, schrieb Fernando Perez:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you're interested, I think we'd be happy to accept this functionality
>> back into the IPython tree - we had this already in older versions, so I
>> don't see any reason not to incorporate it again.
>
> Certainly!!  Thanks to Georg for this!

Thomas has now made it use the proper extension API. Thanks Thomas!

> I should note that I wrote that profile *precisely* to use ipython as
> a physics glorified calculator: I started work on ipython when I was a
> physics grad student, and part of my job was grading a lot of student
> undergraduate homework that required numerical answers.  This mode was
> a great way for me to be able to input final answers and have the
> physics module give me back both the numerical answer and the right
> units.

I see similarities :)  But I also need it for calculating stuff for my
measurements, not only teaching.

Georg