[IPython-User] Making Control-D work when the line is not clear

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Oct 18 21:03:15 CDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
> It definitely would be nice though if I could just make C-d raise
> EOFError (without affecting the input text at all).  Would it be
> possible to make it so readline commands can execute arbitrary code
> internally?  I don't know enough about the architecture of IPython to
> know if this would be possible or not.

I don't think so.  This isn't really about ipython, but about what the
python readline module allows.  And the api is limited to text
manipulation:

http://docs.python.org/library/readline.html

I don't see anything to bind arbitrary Python callbacks to keystrokes.