[IPython-User] Integration with eclipse

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sat Oct 22 15:29:37 CDT 2011

On 20 October 2011 22:14, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:

>  - with 0.11, ipython does not show the representation of the output
> of each line

I'm not quite sure what you mean. For each input 'cell', we show the repr of
the output from the last line, if that line is an expression. This is
similar to what previous releases of IPython did, although the mechanisms
have changed.

>  - is there a way to set ipython inside eclipse in a similar manner to
> ipython -pylab

This bit should be fairly trivial - I don't know the best way to achieve it,
but I'm sure others will be able to tell you.

>   - what would it take to put qtconsole inside eclipse for inline plots ?

Is eclipse able to embed Qt widgets? If so, it's fairly easy, because the Qt
console is designed as a widget. If not, you would have to write a frontend
for eclipse. This uses JSON and ZeroMQ to talk to the IPython backend.
Microsoft already did a frontend for Visual Studio.

Best wishes,
Thomas